I have decided to start a new segment on the blog called, “The Maggie Monologues.” Maggie is starting to talk a lot and the things she “can’t say correctly” are just so darn cute! So I want to share them with you.
This is completely inspired by a fellow blogger, Kayla Aimee, who writes about #stuffscarlettsays on her blog. The things her daughter says are hilarious. For her latest segment, click here.
So, here is to a happy start to your Monday. Start your week off with a little giggle from Maggie.
- Maggie likes to be in control- that little almost two-year-old. So when I ask her to do things, she likes to tell me, “No.” So she quickly learned that she was going to get in trouble for saying, “No.” Then she moved on to saying, “Don’t” as an insert for “no,” and has quickly learned that “don’t” don’t fly either. So she started a brand new one- “Not.” However, she says it in a British accent. I will say, “Maggie, come pick up your toys,” to which she replies, “Not” in her best queen of England accent. I am telling you, friends, the first time she said it (and every time she says it for that matter) I am not a good “stick to my guns” mommy. I die laughing every time.
- I sing “Jesus Loves Me” to Maggie at night while rocking her. So recently she has tried to sing along. It sounds a little like this, “Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus….” It’s basically a heart-melter.
- Every night we do devotions with Maggie and we read her “Daniel and the Lions Den.” And every time we get to the part where Daniel is thrown into the lions den she yells, “RAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!”
- We sometimes let Maggie jump in our bed because she LOVES it. Her new thing is she will stand up and just flat out face plant into a pillow, then she looks up at me and says, “I okay.”
- Maggie has jumped on the bandwagon and is in love with “Frozen.” So now she asks me to play “Snowman.” When “Do you Want to Build a Snowman” comes on she dances in a circle singing, “snowman, snowman, snowman, snowman, snowman.” It looks a little like a snow dance.