We recently moved to Southwest Florida so we are excited to try some fun new places as a family. So, I made this list of fun things to do with kids in Southwest Florida!
1. See a show at The Ringling
2. Smell the roses at Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
3. See the fishies at Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium
4. Check out some birds and reptiles at Jungle Gardens
5. Let the kids run around the play place at the UTC Mall
6. Walk the beautiful white sands of Siesta Key Beach
7. Visit the many exhibits of South Florida museum
8. Grab some ice cream and walk around St. Armands Circle
9. Take the kids swimming at the Lido Beach Pool
10. Splash in the Children’s Fountain in Bay Front Park
11. Look for shells at the Nokomis Beach.
12. See a show at the Circus Arts Conservatory
13. Hike the trails at Crowley Museum and Nature Center
14. Play at the playground at Siesta Key Beach Park.
15. See the butterflies at the Sarasota Children’s Garden & Art Center
16. Take the kids fishing at Brandenton Riverwalk
17. See birds, animals, and reptiles at Mixon Fruit Farms
18. Ride a train and see moving exhibits at the Florida Gulf Coast Railroad Museum
19. Take the kids swimming at Arlington Park & Aquatic Center
20. Let the kids bounce at Bounce Down Under
21. Pretend you are in the Circus at Circus Playground Payne Park
22. Pick fresh produce at Hunsader Farms
24. Play arcade games at Livingston’s Amusement Center
25. Play putt-putt at Smugglers Cove
26. Burn some energy at the Westfield Sarasota Square Mall Playtown
27. Walk the trails and play on the playground at Urfer Family Park
28. See where milk comes from at Dakin Dairy Farm.
29. Splash in the Venice Splash Park at Centennial Park
30. Hike the trails at Venetian Waterway Park
31. Let the kids play at a fun shaded park at Caspersen Beach Park.
32. Take a walk out on the Venice South and North Jetties.
33. See a show at Venice Little Theatre
34. Take a Tae Kwan Do class at North Port Tae Kwan Do
35. Let the kids play on the playground at McKibben Park
36. Take a horseback riding tour with Deer Prairie Creek
37. Check out the fishies at Father Fish Aquarium
38. Make a sand castle at Venice Beach
39. Take a sunset or dolphin cruise with Beach Road Watersports
40. Go bird watching at the Venice Area Audubon Society
41. Shop for nic-naks at The Dome Flea Market
42. Have a picnic at Maxine Barritt Park
43. Ride bikes along Legacy Trail
44. Get a scoop of ice cream at Sweet Scoops
45. Play on the playground at Blue Ridge Park
46. Catch a movie at Cinebistro.
47. See the animals at Big Cat Habitat.
1. Let the kids run around the play place at the Port Charlotte Mall
2. Build a sand castle at Englewood Beach.
3. Buy some fresh produce at Sunfresh.
4. Have a picnic at Stump Pass Beach State Park
5. Go parasailing with Englewood Parasailing and Tours
6. Take a ride down Banyan Street on Boca Grande
7. See a Charlotte Stone Crabs game
8. Walk across the Punta Gorda Bridge at sunset or sunrise
9. See a show at the Cultural Center
10. Take a sailing excursion with Smoke and Roses charters
11. Look for bald eagles at Cedar Point Environmental Park
12. Take the kids swimming at Oyster Creek Pool
13. Go bowling with the kids at Bowland
14. Take a walk on the boardwalk at Ponce de Leon park.
15. Splash around at the Laishley Splash Park and park.
16. Go bowling at Treasure Lanes
17. Rent a golf cart and drive around Boca Grande.
18. Visit the Peace River Wildlife Center.
19. Make a splast at Sunsplash Waterpark
20. Enjoy bowling and games at HeadPinz Entertainment Center
21. Hit the batting cages and mini-golf at Mike Greenwell’s Family Fun Park
22. Take a trip back in time at Military Heritage Museum
23. See a movie at Regal Theatre
24. Play at Tringali Recreation Park
25. Play at the Ann Denver Memorial Park.
1. Let the kids jump at Jumping Jacks
2. Go skating at Bamboozles
3. Pick out shells at the Shell Factory
4. Look at the big, beautiful cypress trees at Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary
5. See the animals at the Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens
6. Smell the roses at Naples Botanical Garden
7. Ride the rides at Zoomers Amusement Park
8. See some great exhibits at the Imaginarium Science Center
9. Play mini golf and laser tag at Tropical Breeze Fun Park.
10. Let the kids jump at Sky Zone Trampoline Park
11. See the homes of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford at the Edison and Ford Estates
12. Hit the beach at Lynn Hall Memorial Park
13.Go miniature golfing at Coral Cay Adventure Golf
14. Take the kids swimming at Tice Community Pool
15. Play at the playground at Waterway Park
16. Ride the trolley around Naples
17. Take the kids fishing on the Naples Pier
18. Learn about nature at the Calusa Nature Center & Planetarium
19. Play mini-golf at Golf Safari Mini Golf
20. Rent bicycles from Naples Cyclery
21. Let the kids play at the Golisano Children’s Museum of Naples
22. Splash in the sun at Sun-N-Fun Lagoon
23. Take a Princess Cruise aboard Naples Princess
24. Watch biking action at the Naples BMX
25. Catch a movie at Regal Hollywood Stadium 20
26. Play at the playground at Lakes Regional Park
27. Play at one of the two free splash parks at Lakes Regional Park